N U M B E R S K I L L S
By the end of reception in order to achieve the Early Learning Goal for 'Mathmatics: Number' your child will need to:
- Have a deep understanding of number to 10, including the composition of each number.
- Subitise (recognise quantities without counting) up to 5.
- Automatically recall (without reference to rhymes, counting or other aids) number bonds up to 5 (including subtraction facts) and some number bonds to 10, including double facts.
By the end of reception in order to achieve the Early Learning Goal for 'Mathmatics: Numerical Patterns' your child will need to:
- Verbally count beyond 20, recognising the pattern of the counting system.
- Compare quantities up to 10 in different contexts, recognising when one quantity is greater than, less than or the same as the other quantity.
- Explore and represent patterns within numbers up to 10, including evens and odds, double facts and how quantities can be distributed equally.