N U M B E R S K I L L S
By the end of reception in order to achieve the Early Learning Goal for 'Mathmatics: Number' your child will need to:
- Have a deep understanding of number to 10, including the composition of each number.
- Subitise (recognise quantities without counting) up to 5.
- Automatically recall (without reference to rhymes, counting or other aids) number bonds up to 5 (including subtraction facts) and some number bonds to 10, including double facts.
By the end of reception in order to achieve the Early Learning Goal for 'Mathmatics: Numerical Patterns' your child will need to:
- Verbally count beyond 20, recognising the pattern of the counting system.
- Compare quantities up to 10 in different contexts, recognising when one quantity is greater than, less than or the same as the other quantity.
- Explore and represent patterns within numbers up to 10, including evens and odds, double facts and how quantities can be distributed equally.
During the Autumn half term we will be focusing on counting reliably with numbers up to 10. Placing numbers up to 10 in order saying which number is one more/less than a given number. Identifying a range of shapes and patterns in our everyday environment.